Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Don't faint...

Yes...I'm updating my blog...what a concept! I guess I've play hooky long enough. Life has just been busy, and really, I think I've nothing to say at times. Stitching has definitely taken a back seat (like I knew it would) when I enrolled in school and took on new employment! That being said, I do have a tad bit of stitching to show. Over the past 5 months I haven't stitched much, but I did attend the Merry Cox Weekend at The Attic last November. I didn't get much prestitching done, but no matter, I did use my time wisely in Mesa and did some of the finish work on the two classes I took. It was really wonderful to meet lots of friends there and put faces with names of fellow stitchers I have known for a long, long time! I took "so dear to thy heart" and "Palais Royale" which were so very much fun. Merry, as always, was a fabulous teacher, and even though she has health challenges, she was at her best and I enjoyed every minute of her classes. Jean Lea, as always, was a fabulous hostess! Here are a just a few of the pictures I took:


My inside of box, Palais Royale

Merry's Palais Royale

Merry's "so dear to thy heart"
Fabulous Jean, announcing that our lunch was ready. 

I'm really glad I had the opportunity to attend!  
Wayne drove me down to Mesa in my new car, Ms. Scarlet.  
What a fun car she is...

Next up, I've been working on my Scarlet Letter piece that I started last year, Jane Atkinson, aka Hannah Cornaby.  Here is my progress as of last night...I think she's going to take me a while, but I've loved every minute of stitching her.  I absolutely love the colors in this piece!  
Jane Atkinson/Hannah Cornaby stitched on 40 ct Vintage Light Examplar with Aver a Soie silks  
Lastly, I loved this saying yesterday when I was out shopping, 
so I bought the piece to hang somewhere in my house...
we all should be a little kinder to ourselves during this new year!
Hopefully I won't wait so long to blog next time...

10 comments:

Loraine said...

So great to see a post from you Cathy!
Your class pieces look wonderful! They are both so lovely. Good luck on finishing them.
Your car looks so much like you...fun! Red is definitely your color! I bet your hubby doesn't mind driving it either.
I love your sign as well. It's a good reminder to be content with life.
I hope all is well with school and work. You are a busy lady! Looking forward to seeing you again soon.
Hugs.

Lanie said...

Hi Cathy, welcome back! Hey how about that new car...snazzy! I bet you're loving it!

I'm loving your Jane Atkinson...her colors...her border...love, love, love!

Terri said...

What a nice surprise to see your blog pop up on my reader today! I can totally understand how going back to school has cut into your stitching. I always just reminded myself that it would eventually be over ;)

It was so great to meet you and Wayne (and Ms Scarlet) in November.

I had never heard Jane Atkinson referred to as Hannah Cornaby. Am I missing something?

Jeanne said...

Glad you're back among us Cathy. Love your Miss Scarlett and the progress on your Merry Cox pieces. Hope you'll have time to keep a little stitching in your life...it's good stress relief you know from all that studying LOL.

Siobhán said...

It's always good to see a post from you, Cathy! I'm glad you had a good time in AZ--love that new car! Your Jane looks amazing. Remember, slow and steady wins the race! ;) I think as long as you're enjoying yourself doing whatever you're doing, that is the most important. Happy new year to you and yours!

Chris said...

Great update Cathy!
Miss Scarlett is fabulous.
Your stitching is wonderful too!

Margaret said...

It's so good to see a post from you, Cathy! I am so envious that you went to the Merry Cox classes! Such beautiful pieces! And your Jane looks fabulous! She is a big piece but so worth all the effort! I love that saying that you bought so much. I need to send a pic of it to my DD -- she needs that reminder so much right now.

Cari said...

Love you sweet sister. Hannah is coming along nicely. You can always be content with every stitch you place on this lovely piece !! Hugs

Katrina said...

Too much fun!!!!! Looks like a great weekend at the Attic and I love your Jane Atkinson :-).

Sherry :o) said...

Love the stitching on your piece...and love, LOVE your plaque. Boy do most of us need to abide by that one.

Hope all is going well with your new job and school - yikes!