The prayer is breathed, that on each path
Truths own pure light may shine,
Brightening the sombre hues of earth
With radiance divine.
Onward and upward, clear and bright,
May it direct our course
Back to the fountain head of light,
Its own eternal source.
Or...I could use this one...
I scarcely dare to think that God
Would give to one so small,
Aught that could cheer another on,
Or help His cause at all.
But oh! I prize above all else,
The power to chase away
Sorrow or pain from those I meet
While trav'ling lifes highway.
These poems were taken from her autobiography originally published in 1881.
I'm leaning towards the first one...what do you think? I have plenty of time to think about them. I'm having a stitch friend chart the words for me so that makes me really happy that I don't have to do that myself!
Last year my brother and I had the opportunity to submit Hannah's life story to Deseret Book Company for inclusion in their series Women of Faith in the Latter Days, volume two, 1821-1845. Her story was accepted and I was honored to write her biographical sketch. The book was released last November and it was so exciting to see her name among other lovely women with Mormon pioneer heritage.
Well...that's about it for now...wondering if I'll wait another 6 months before updating?? Maybe...maybe not. In the meantime, enjoy the rest of your summer...I'm just about done with 100+ temperatures here in Utah this year...ready for some cooling down...how about you?



6 comments:
Such a pretty sampler, I love the colors!!!! Both verses are nice, can't wait to see which one you choose :-).
Beautiful stitching Cathy! I like both of the verses and think either one would be lovely on your sampler. Congrats on being published!
Wow, that is so cool! How exciting to be published! I love both verses. I might favor the second one, but both are lovely! Hannah (Jane) is looking wonderful too! Good to see a post from you!
I so love this sampler Cathy and you've made wonderful progress! I think I really love the first verse too and like that you are changing "Jane" a bit!! Big congrats on being published. That's a big deal!!
Love, love, love Flowers for Hannah. Your work is amazing. Aren't you having a grand time stitching on her? xoxoxo
Beautiful sampler and verse(s). Wonderful tribute to Hannah (Jane)
Post a Comment