Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A summer solstice update...

Progress on "So Dear to Thy Heart" for the Merry Cox classes in Phoenix this November. Isn't she just so cute?  I have half the cat done on the left..my waste knot looks like a little ball the kitty is getting ready to jump for! Most everything on this project is stitched with tent stitch over one thread, so the stitching is going quicker than expected.  Just wish I had more time to stitch (don't we all), but the picture below is representative of what I'm doing instead of a lot of stitching...

This is the first module of 4 modules of my online medical coding course.  I'm 2 months into a 12-month course...I think it's the easy module...crap!
 These remaining books represent the other 3 modules...When I look at them, I get sick...literally...and wonder what in the world was I thinking...then I sit down to work and I know exactly what I was thinking...I need a new job...and something that pays better!
It's been interesting so far...and my brain is getting a good workout!
So...

I'm getting close to 100 followers on my blog...when I reach 100, I think I'll have a giveaway!  Til then, my friends, I hope you find yourselves sitting in your favorite chair with your favorite needle and thread, creating another colorful masterpiece!
Happy Summer Solstice Everyone!

12 comments:

Cari said...

Oh sista', your stitching is lovely. Glad it's tent to make it quicker. Good job. Hang in there with school. You'll be glad you did once it's over!!

xoxoxo BIG HUGS

Chris said...

Wow, that Merry Cox piece is going to be beautiful.
Keep studying! I know that you can do this :)

Margaret said...

What's medical coding?? You're the second person who's mentioned it. Anyway, I loooove your Merry Cox! looking so pretty! Good luck with the school work!

Anonymous said...

I was an inpatient hospital coder for 18 years and I LOVED it. ICD-10 is a big change and I may go back to it!
Good luck, you will enjoy it.

Susan from So Cal

Deb said...

I love, love your Merry Cox piece! It's beautiful.

And YGG on the studying. I know that it cuts into things, but you'll be so happy when you're done. Coding is a great field!!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Wonderful Merry Cox piece, Cathy! It looks so pretty!

OMG, just looking at those books hurts my brain. I give you a lot of credit for studying and learning something new! I am truly thankful that I have a job I love and that pays me more than I deserve 'cause I don't know if I'd have the patience anymore!

Happy Summer Solstice to you, sweet friend!

Jannie said...

Love the stitching. Wish we could move back to the Phoenix area (Scottsdale, Gilbert, etc.). Then I could take some of those lovely classes you're taking. Oh - not the Medical Coding - OH NO! You're a better woman than I.

Jannie said...

Love the stitching. Wish we could move back to the Phoenix area (Scottsdale, Gilbert, etc.). Then I could take some of those lovely classes you're taking. Oh - not the Medical Coding - OH NO! You're a better woman than I.

Loraine said...

Your stitching is wonderful! What a pretty little piece that is going to be.
Oh, I don't envy you with the studying thing! Just remembering all of those codes would be pure torture to me. Good luck with it all!
Hugs to you.

Catherine said...

What a sweet piece!
Oh my, that is a lot of books! Good luck to you ~ the thought of going back to school scares me and I admire anyone that does so!

Sherry :o) said...

Been awhile since I caught up on your blog - been doing it most the day...beautiful flowers you planted! And good luck with school.

You must be going to The Attic in November...I am envious and have been looking at the classes in her newsletter and drooling. Unfortunately not in the cards to travel from Michigan to Arizona this year. Beautiful work so far!

best embroidery digitizing service said...

Excellent tips on edge-to-edge quilting with an embroidery machine. Re-hooping accurately is always a hurdle.